Senior & Founding Partner
Work phoneemail [email protected]
Work emailfile_download Save contact card
For over 30 years Anthony has vast experience handling large and complex personal injury claims, including traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, quadriplegia, paraplegia, serious orthopedic injury, psychiatric/psychological injury and severe whiplash and soft tissue injury-related disorders. He has excellent communication and negotiation skills and takes pride in always doing his utmost to get the best possible results for his clients. Anthony was lead counsel in the “Jago wedding case” representing 25 seriously injured victims of a tragic car accident obtaining for the victims, or their estates, significant settlements even although the Abbotsford police, in a 100 page report, put the majority of the blame on the victims. He has attended countless mediations on behalf of his clients, where he has successfully negotiated large settlements and generous compensation. Anthony has extensive courtroom experience having represented clients in the Provincial Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal levels. He has enjoyed considerable success in trial, having won many significant damage awards and liability disputes on behalf of his clients. Anthony is recognized as one of the leading trial lawyers in B.C.
After being called to the Bar, Anthony practiced with a Vancouver law firm, focusing primarily on personal injury law. In 2000, he joined Bernie Simpson C.M., a well known personal injury lawyer of Simpson & Company. The firm has since carried on its practice under the name Simpson Thomas & Associates.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member, Personal Injury Section
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Anthony has also presented at TLABC and CLE seminars on issues relevant to the firm’s practice.
Anthony is committed to supporting community events and Simpson Thomas & Associates participates in a number of initiatives such as the Vancouver International Soccer Festival, BC Children’s Hospital, etc.
- LLB from the University of Victoria (Awarded the Davis & Company Prize in Administrative Law)
- B.A. from the University of British Columbia