Silvana Lovera Herra
- phone 604.689.8888
Work phoneemail [email protected]
Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Prior to joining Simpson Thomas & Associates, Silvana worked at a large national law firm where she gained valuable litigation experience and acted primarily for insurers and defendants in personal injury and professional indemnity cases. During that time, she also represented plaintiff personal injury clients and realized that she would rather advocate for injured people than work against them. Silvana’s experience working closely with insurance adjusters has provided her with a unique understanding of ICBC defence strategy, including investigative tactics and approach to negotiations. This knowledge helps her guide clients through the ICBC claims process and achieve higher settlement outcomes. Since joining Simpson, Thomas & Associates, Silvana has been involved in several trials, negotiations, and mediations and has achieved great results for her clients.
Silvana was born and raised in the Lower Mainland to a tight-knit, hardworking Italian family. She has a close family member with a disability and understands the challenges that disabilities place not only on the person suffering, but on the entire family. This experience with disability caused Silvana to start advocating at an early age and naturally led to a career in law. Silvana is thrilled and grateful to have the privilege of being able to devote her skills and knowledge to a practice which consists entirely of advocating for injured people.
When Silvana is not busy working, she enjoys circuit training, boxing, running, travelling, cooking, and exploring the beautiful BC trails with her dog.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Canadian Bar Association, Member, Personal Injury Section
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- While in law school, Silvana devoted a semester to working at the pro-bono UBC First Nations Legal Clinic where she had conduct over several files and appeared extensively in criminal court.
- While in law school, Silvana was a volunteer for the Canucks Autism Network and taught soccer to children with Autism.
- The University of British Columbia Doctor of Law (J.D.) (Recipient of Award for Best Cross Examination at Sopinka Cup National Trial Advocacy Competition, Recipient of Davis Award for Appellate Advocacy,)
- McGill University Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours, Political Science and International Development (Named Deans Honour List, Member of Golden Key International Honours Society)