- phone 604.689.8888
Work phoneemail [email protected]
Work emailfile_download Save contact card
Since joining Simpson Thomas & Associates Troy has appeared in Provincial Court, Supreme Court and the Court of Appeal on behalf of my clients who have sustained injuries. At the 2012 annual conference of personal injury lawyers, he published and presented a paper on “What happens when a client changes lawyers or a lawyer changes firms”.
Prior to dedicating his practice to accident victims, Troy spent a decade as an engineer. Over that time, he developed a precision and thoroughness that he brings to his practice as a lawyer. His technical background gives him a unique insight to certain issues, such as the mechanics of motor vehicle accidents. Troy utilizes this background to his clients’ advantage in negotiating and litigating ICBC claims.
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia, Member
- Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia, Member
- The B.C. Brain Injury Association, Member
- Spinal Cord Injury of B.C., Member
- Disability Alliance, B.C., Member
- Troy enjoys using his experience as an ICBC lawyer and investing it in future generations of lawyers. He has volunteered to supervise law students in court appearances and served as a moot court judge for UBC law students.
- Troy has also volunteered to represent impoverished litigants through Access Pro Bono on multiple occasions and in 2010 he was recognized as BC’s pro bono lawyer of the year.
- Juris Doctor from University of British Columbia
- Engineering Degree from McGill University